Tuesday, March 02, 2010

St Mary Magdalen de Pazzi and humility of heart

 

Learn of Me, for I am meek and humble of heart, and you shall find rest to your soul (Mt 11:29

"This is the remedy to fix my gaze on you, Incarnate Word, hanging on the Cross. As soon as You see s humble soul looking at You in this way, You are quickly moved to look at it, and the effect of Your divine glance is like that of a ray of sunshine on the earth: it warms it and prepares it to bring forth fruit. This is the way You act, O divine Word, who by the light of Your glance, drain my soul of all its pride, and consume it in Your fire. No one can acquire humility if he does not fix his gaze on You, O Word, on the Cross."

St Therese said: "The remembrance of my weakness is so constantly present to me that there is no room for vanity"