Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday - Our Lady's Day



Devotion to Mary - Behold, your mother (John 19:27)

St Therese:
"The Blessed Virgin is the Queen of heaven and earth, quite true, but she is more mother than queen"

The Blessed Virgin never fails to protect me as soon as I invoke her. In my troubles and anxieties I very quickly turn towards her and, like the most tender of mothers, she always takes care of my interests.

To ask something of the Blessed Virgin is not the same thing as asking it of the good Lord. She knows very well what to do with my little wishes, whether to transmit them [to God] or not....If after that , we obtain nothing, it is because what we asked for is not in accordance with God's designs."

All quotes from 'Complete Spiritual Doctrine of St Therese of Lisieux' by Francois Jamart