Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SCRIPTURE CORNER

CHARITY AND THE CONTRARY VICES
fragments from "Scripture by Topic" - Originally titled "The Divine Armory of Holy Scripture" - 1943 edition - Angelus Press 2006

EJACULATORY PRAYERS TO EXCITE IN OUR HEARTS THE LOVE OF GOD AND OF OUR NEIGHBOUR

Lord, Thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. John 21:17
I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord in my firmament, my refuge, and my deliverer. Ps 72:25
Turn, O my soul, into thy rest: for the Lord hath been bountiful to thee. For he hath delivered my soul from death; my eyes from tears; my feet from falling. I will please the Lord in the land of the living. Ps. 114:7-9
As the hart panteth after the fountains of water, so my soul panteth after thee, O my God. Ps 41:1
Thou hast delivered my soul that it should not perish, thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back. For hell shall not confess to thee, neither shall death praise thee, nor shall they that go down into the pit look for thy truth. The living, the living he shall give praise to thee, as I do this day. Is 38:17-19
Hear my prayer, O Lord, and my supplication: give ear to my tears. Be not silent: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were. O forgive me, that I may be refreshed before I go hence, and be no more. Ps. 38:13-15