Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday - Day of Our Lady

QUEEN OF SAINTS, PRAY FOR US


The Most Blessed Virgin, Immaculate Mother of God and Queen of Saints, is most richly endowed with grace, virtue, glory and power. The Church venerates divine mystery of her sanctity with beautiful words and visions. The Queen of Heaven is praised for her virtues: "I was exalted like a cedar in Libanus" her sanctity: "and as a cypress tree on mount Sion",
for her abandonment and trust in God: "I was exalted like a palm tree in Cades" for her charity:"and as a rose plant in Jericho" and particularly for her charity towards us poor sinners:"As a fair olive tree in the plains". She is praised for her virtuous life:" and as a plane tree by the water in the streets, was I exalted, I gave a sweet smell like cinnamon. and aromatical balm: I yielded a sweet odour like the best myrrh " (Ecclus 24: 17-20).
How very just it is to follow Our Lady on the way to Christian perfection and to look at her life as the perfect example of holiness
. No matter that we might fail over and over again, let us not be discouraged. Let us pray to Our Mother and Queen for help to overcome ourselves in all sinful tendencies, bad habits, imperfections, little and not so little addictions that separate us from God, remembering what He commanded us and what Mary perfected so well in her life: You shall be holy unto me, because I the Lord am holy, and I have separated you from other people, that you should be mine " (Leviticus 20:26).